Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spicy Stuffed Breakfast Bell Peppers




Spicy Stuffed Breakfast Bell Peppers are light and nutritions. Serve this dish with a green salad and some Spicy Tomato juice to provided your body with a wonderful way to start your day.  


Bell Pepper Ingredients:
2-bell pepper 
1/4 diced tomato
1-potato
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 Jalapeño pepper
4-eggs
3-pads of butter
1-tsp EVOO


Roasting Peppers
Roast bell peppers in Cast Iron skillet and skin. I did not want to waste energy so I roasted all the peppers I wanted to roast together as shown in this photo the day before. I placed the bell peppers in the refrigerator for breakfast and reheated them in the microwave.

Peel and dice potato in small pieces, rinse in water to remove some of the starch, place potato pieces in a bowl with water and microwave 5-6 minutes. Drain water from potatoes.

Dice 1/4 of a tomato, chop a small handful of cilantro and 1/2 of a Jalapeño.  Gently stir-fry in EVOO, tomatoes, cilantro, potatoes and Jalapeños (2-minutes). Remove from heat.

In a cold Teflon pan add pads of butter and raw eggs. Turn heat to medium, place pan on burner and whisk the eggs until they are completely scrambled. If you do not use a Teflon pan these eggs will stick to the sides of the pan when they are cooking.

With a spatula continually move the scrambled eggs until they are cooked and look creamy.  Toss the stir-fry into the cooked eggs and gently fold.  Fill Bell Peppers and serve in a bowl with a green salad and some tomato juice.
Notice I did not add any salt or seasoning's to the eggs. The salt is in the butter and all the flavors from the vegetables and green salad will enhance the creamy egg flavor.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and will follow me at:


2 comments:

  1. Delicious looking and I can't wait to try this for my husband and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marlene! Francisco just loves it when I make it for him for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete