Monday, June 2, 2014

Zucchini Relleno

La Mexicanita Kitchen
With Zucchini squash coming into season I used my Chile Relleno and Calabasita Recipes to make this deliciously light and airy Zucchini Relleno and I am so happy with the textures and flavor.

Photo before I plated the dish and plain Greek God Yogurt seasoned with a dash of salt and cracked black pepper. Sampling this dish I will next time include toppings like Guacamole or Chimichurri.


Before you slice your zucchini lengthwise select the right size skillet for frying. You will only be able to fry one Relleno at a time because you need the room to turn over the zucchini.

Layer with tomato, red onion and Monterey Jack cheese. Microwave on top of a paper towel for 3-minutes at 1-minute intervals. Season with salt and coarse black pepper.



Dust bottom and top zucchini with flour (wheat or rice). Season flour with salt, coarse black pepper and ground cruise. 




Separate 6-egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.  







Beat egg yolks until they become foamy.  









Fold egg whites and foamed yolks gently.








Spread enough egg mixture to coat bottom side of Zucchini Relleno on a flat cutting board. Place Relleno on top of mixture. Add egg mixture to top side. The cutting board will allow easy transfer into the frying pan.


Slide Zucchini Relleno into frying pan. Brown both sides, slice and serve.






I hope you enjoy this recipe and will follow me on my Facebook page at:







No comments:

Post a Comment