Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ana's Shrimp Cocktail

When I make shrimp cocktail my guest love this recipe.


Ingredients:

Shrimp two sizes ~ cooked prawns and cocktail shrimp
5-6 Roma Tomatoes
1-Bunch of fresh Cilantro
4-Avocados
Inner Celery ribs which include their tender celery leaves
Chile: Jalapeño or serrano
1-bottle Ketchup
1-Bottle Lime Juice 

Directions:
I will use a whole bag of pre-cooked prawns/shrimp (31/40 count) which have been deveined and tails removed and 1/2 bag of Cocktail shrimp. The shrimp I use is pre-cooked and will be pink in color not grey.  Dice 5-6 Roma tomatoes; chop 1 bunch of cilantro; de-seed and chop jalapeño (depends on what kind of heat you want or omit the chile); dice 4-avocados; and dice inner ribs from celery stalk which includes the tender celery leaves. It is important to dice all veggies finely. Careful not to over chop your cilantro or it will turn dark.

Mix pre-cooked shrimp with veggies. You are going to have to gage the Ketchup quantity and lime juice to your taste. I use a little more then 1/2 bottle of Ketchup and then tone down the sweetness with Lime juice.


I hope you enjoy this recipe and will follow me at: https://www.facebook.com/LaMexicanitaKitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment